Freedom Honda, your local Colorado Springs Honda Dealership, knows that it can be easy to forget about simple car maintenance. Colorado Springs is an active city and you need a vehicle you can trust to get you anywhere. One of the most simple, yet important things you can do to ensure the longevity of your vehicle is checking the oil. While you should check the oil no matter what the age of the vehicle is, it becomes increasingly important to monitor its level the older it is. Here are some tips on checking your oil:
Read up. Your car doesn’t come with an owner’s manual just for kicks – it contains valuable information about your vehicle. Consult your owner’s manual to determine where the oil stick is in your engine bay. No longer have the owner’s manual? Don’t worry! Many automakers now put up a PDF version of the manual online to deal with this problem.
Pop the hood. After making sure your vehicle has been turned off,locate the hood release inside your car (consult your manual for location). Once you locate it and pop your hood, lock the hood into place (for older vehicles, use the hood prop). From here, you will locate the dipstick. The end of the dipstick will be a yellow color.
Check the oil. It’s important to understand that the engine is likely going to be hot, so use caution. Have some paper towels on hand and remove the dipstick. Take the paper towel and wipe away the oil on the dipstick. Insert the dipstick back into its slot, making sure it goes all the way back in. Remove the stick again. You now will be able to see the vehicle’s oil level. The stick will have markers on it that indicate “low” and “full.” Ideally, your oil should be hitting the “full” line. If the oil is “low” (or worse, there is none showing on the dipstick), it is important to add oil to the vehicle.
It’s important to keep your vehicle maintained to ensure that it stays in tip-top shape. Whether you need an oil change or a new car, Freedom Honda is your go-to expert for all of your Colorado Springs Honda needs. If you’re in the market for a new or used Honda in Colorado Springs, we have a wide range of vehicles to meet your specific needs. Swing by our store or check out our online inventory to see our current line-up.
There’s nothing worse than going to start your car and discovering that the battery is dead. Regardless of the reason, you have places to be with no time to waste – you need to jump start your car! Unsure of how to get your car jump started? Don’t worry – your local Colorado Spring Honda dealer is here to help! Here are some tips on jump starting your battery:
- Once you’ve realized that your car battery is dead, find a friend or kind stranger that will help you out. Based off the placement of the batteries, pull the other vehicle either in front of or next to your vehicle and shut them both off.
- Pop both hoods and identify where each of the batteries are. You’ll now need to locate the positive and negative on both batteries. Generally, you can find a “+” sign next to the positive and a “-” next to the negative. Due to a build-up of battery acid and other substances, the positive and negative ends may not be easily identifiable. If this becomes problematic, keep in mind that the positive terminal is usually wider than the negative.
- Grab some jumper cables. You can distinguish the positive and negative cable from each other by looking for markings. Generally, the positive cable will have a stripe on it or be a solid red color (with the negative being black).
- Attach the end of the both positive cable to each positive terminal. Following that, attach one end of the negative cable to the running car’s negative battery terminal. Your cables are now live! It is very important that the remaining cable end DOES NOT touch you or any other surface. Attach the remaining cable to the dead car’s negative battery terminal.
- Making sure that no one is near the engines of either vehicle, start the engine of the car with the running battery. Let it run for a few minutes and rev the engine (with it in park!) a few times. Attempt to start the car with the dead battery. If the car will not start, let the vehicle with the good battery continue to run a few minutes. It might take multiple attempts – repeat if necessary.
Is more than just a dead battery plaguing your vehicle? Freedom Honda is your go-to source for quality vehicle maintenance and repairs in Colorado Springs. Whether you need an oil change or are looking to trade-up into a new or pre-owned Honda, Freedom Honda is the smart choice for cars in Colorado Springs. Stop by our store today!
Whether you’re driving down Powers or at the Top of Pike’s Peak, getting a flat tire is never fun. While it’s a situation we’d all like to avoid, it’s important for every driver to know what to do if the situation ever arises. Never fear – your local Colorado Spring Honda dealer is here! Here are the tips Freedom Honda has gathered to help you if you find yourself having to change a tire:
- Make sure you’re safe. If by the side of a road, make sure your vehicle is as far away from traffic as possible and that you have your hazard lights turned on.
- Find a large object – like a brick or rock – and place it in front of both the front and back tires.
- At this point, you’ll need to find a jack and a replacement tire. There will be a place underneath the frame of your car that is designed for a jack. Consult your owner’s manual to see exactly where this is.
- Place the jack underneath your vehicle in the spot recommend by your owner’s manual and raise the jack till it is supporting, but not lifting, the vehicle. The jack should be even with the ground and solidly supporting the vehicle.
- Remove the hubcap from your vehicle. Using a standard cross wrench or wrench that came with your vehicle, loosen the nuts using a counter-clockwise motion. It might take a lot of force to break the nuts loose. Be sure to just loosen the nuts, not remove them. Crank the jack to raise the car high enough to remove the tire.
- Remove the nuts by turning them counter clockwise. After that, remove the tire and place the new tire on the car, aligning the wheel bolts with the new tire.
- Tighten the nuts by hand unit they are screwed on and then use the wrench to finish tightening them. Be sure to tighten each nut the same amount and avoid completely tightening them one at a time – go in a “star” pattern so each nut is tightened the same amount.
- Some parting advice – if you’re driving on a spare tire, do not exceed 50 MPH as they were not designed for high speed. Replace the tire as soon as possible.
Sometimes changing a tire isn’t enough to fix what’s wrong with your vehicle. When it’s time for a new ride, come on down to your local Colorado Spring Honda dealership, Freedom Honda! With a variety of new and pre-owned, we have a vehicle for every budget
Do you go out and get all of the new toys? Not a big fan of long-term commitment? Don’t put tons of miles on your car annually? If you’ve answered yes to any of the aforementioned questions, perhaps you should consider leasing your next Colorado Springs Honda from Freedom Honda – your local Colorado Springs Honda dealer! Continue reading to learn more about our current lease specials:
2014 Accord Coupe EX-L with Navigation Special Lease – $317/month with $1,000 down
- Automatic Transmission. Excludes Sales Tax, $595 Lease Acquisition Fee, $27 Title Fee and $589 Dealer Handling Fee. 36 months – 12k miles/year. First payment due at signing. Expires 06/27/2014.
2014 Accord Sedan LX Special Lease – $203/month with $1,000 down
- Continuously Variable Transmission. Excludes Sales Tax, $595 Lease Acquisition Fee, $27 Title Fee and $589 Dealer Handling Fee. 36 months – 12k miles/year. First payment due at signing. Expires 06/27/2014. Continue reading
If you’ve decided that your new car search is going to be more of a new-to-you search, be sure to consider a certified pre-owned Honda from your local Colorado Springs Honda dealership – Freedom Honda. So what exactly does a Honda have to do to qualify as a certified used vehicle? Read on for details!
Every single certified pre-owned Colorado Springs Honda must be well-maintained, less than six years old with a maximum of 80,000 miles to qualify for certification. How do we determine which vehicles are “well-maintained?” An exhaustive 150-point mechanical and appearance inspection is performed by the dealer. This ensures that each vehicle meets the Honda Certified Used Cars standards. Honda-trained technicians scrutinize all major vehicle systems, including brakes, engine, drive train, steering, suspension, tires, wheels, exhaust systems and vehicle interior and exterior.
If you choose a certified pre-owned Honda, you also get the peace of mind you need with a FREE CarFax, special financing rates starting as low as 1.9% APR* with super preferred credit and returns towards new tires, keys, floor mats and owner’s manuals. The best parts of all are the warranties. The Honda Certified Used Cars Limited Warranty extends the powertrain coverage to 7 years/ 100,000 miles. Your engine, drive system and transmission are all included in this coverage. Covered for 12 months or 12,000 miles (whichever comes first) from the original warranty expiration date or, if the original warranty has expired, from the Honda Certified Used Cars purchase date. This covers:
- Air Conditioning
- Heating and Cooling
- Audio Repairs (Honda Audio Systems only)
- Fuel System Switches
Drive off the lot in a car you are confident in when you choose a Freedom Honda certified pre-owned vehicle. Come visit your local Colorado Springs dealer today for a test drive!
Did you know that nearly half of all car purchases in 2013 included a trade-in? That’s because trading in your vehicle when you buy a new car from your local Colorado Springs Honda dealership is easy and hassle-free. Want to get top-dollar for your trade? Here are some things to consider before buying your next Honda:
- Do your research. Have an idea of what you car’s trade in value is with the help of this KBB ‘What’s My Car Worth’ tool. Don’t forget to be realistic of the condition of your car and take into consideration that most cars are in “good” condition.
- CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN! Your car needs to have the equivalent of a home’s curb appeal. Be sure that all remnants of a pet or smoke are removed. You should even consider having your car professionally detailed!
- Bring your maintenance records. Whether you have your local Colorado Springs Honda service department print them out or you have been diligent over the years and have your own copies, your service records could work in your favor. Keep in mind, this option is strictly for car owners that have completed regular maintenance and repairs on their vehicles.
Are you ready to find a brand new Honda or a new-to-you vehicle? Our team at Freedom Honda would love to buy your car AND help you drive off of our lot in a new one! Visit our Colorado Springs Honda dealership today!
Whether you’re looking forward to some fun, family road trips, white water rafting or kayaking, hiking the tallest peaks or more – your local Colorado Springs Honda dealer has the perfect Honda to accompany you on all of your summer adventures. Here are three Hondas that will keep up with your Colorado Springs lifestyle:
- Honda CR-V – This SUV has the space of its class, but handles like a sports car. In the CR-V, you won’t just drive to your destination – you’ll have fun getting there thanks to the countless interior innovations.
- Honda Pilot – With a towing capacity of 2,000 pounds for 2WD and 4,500 for 4WD, an integrated Class III trailer hitch that comes standard on all models and your knack for adventure, the possibilities are endless in a Honda Pilot. Pair those features with seating for eight or the fold-flat floor, 87.0 cubic feet of cargo space and you’ve got a vehicle with limitless potential.
- Honda Accord – We know not everyone needs the space of an SUV, and that’s why we included the sleek and functional Accord on this list. Planning a cross-country road trip? This sedan has room for the whole family! With over 15 cubic feet of cargo space, it has room for all of your luggage, too.
From sedans to compact SUVs to trucks and more, Freedom Honda has you covered in ALL of your new car needs. Come visit our Colorado Springs Honda dealership with your new car wish list today!
For the third straight year, new car buyers have spoken: Honda is the most trusted brand among all car manufacturers. In addition to most trusted brand, car buyers also have voted Honda as the best overall brand for the second consecutive year!
The 2014 Brand Image Awards are based on consumer automotive perception data from Kelley Blue Book. The highly comprehensive study offers insight into how shoppers perceive important factors driving their purchase decisions, and captures brand/model familiarity and loyalty among new-car shoppers. Just a few words used to describe Honda vehicles were “reliable, efficient, safe cars that offer a lot of value when new, and hold that value as used models.”
What does this mean for Colorado Springs new car buyers? It means that you need to visit your local Colorado Springs Honda dealership at Freedom Honda! Come in for a test drive today to see why Honda truly is the best and most trusted brand in cars.
When people come to Freedom Honda to buy a new vehicle, they usually have a list of must-haves when it comes to their ideal car: size, passenger capacity, gas mileage, interior color, price and more. One thing that people know they DON’T have to worry about when it comes to a Honda is safety.
At first glance, people fall in love with the way Hondas are designed because of the way they look – it’s hard to think that something so sleek was designed specifically to keep you and your family safe. Honda vehicle bodies are designed to manage crash energy in a controlled manner and reduce the amount of crash energy that reaches the passenger cabin.
We know that Freedom Honda customers view precise steering, taut handling and superb braking as features that make our vehicles fun to drive, but to Honda engineers, those same go-stop-turn characteristics are where safety begins, providing each vehicle with the dynamic ability to help our customers avoid collisions.
So, what Honda vehicles are leading the way as a top safety picks? See for yourself here! Once you’ve decided on the Honda that is right for your family, come to your local Colorado Springs Honda dealership at Freedom Honda for a test drive!
With the temporary stop in production of the Honda Ridgeline, Honda has decided to fill the gap it leaves with an all-new vehicle: the Honda HR-V. Keep reading to learn more about the newest vehicle to be released by your favorite Colorado Springs car dealers.
The HR-V is a small SUV that is more dynamic and fuel-efficient than you could imagine. With those stand-out traits paired with its sleek styling and next-generation connectivity, this vehicle is sure to be a best seller for Honda.
As part of Honda’s light-truck lineup, the HR-V is built on a unique center-tank layout and offers a versatile, spacious interior. It’s equipped with the Honda-exclusive Magic Seat®, so you can fold the second-row seat completely flat for added cargo space and greater flexibility. Smaller than the CR-V, the HR-V SUV is an ideal size for both the city streets of Colorado Springs and the mountain roads on the horizon.
The Honda HR-V SUV will be available this winter, so be sure to stay tuned to find out the latest information and see when it arrives at your local Colorado Springs Honda dealer, Freedom Honda.