How To Know When It’s Time To Replace Your Tires
When it comes to changing your tires, there is no exact way to tell how long your tires will last. The lifespan of your tires depends on a number of factors: its design, driver’s habits, climate, road conditions, and so on. Freedom Honda is here to offer you a few tips on how to keep up with your tire maintenance.
- Keep the future in mind: After five years or more of using your tires, you should have them thoroughly inspected by a maintenance professional at least once a year.
- Ten years is the MAX: If you have not replaced your tires 10 years after their date of manufacture, we strongly recommend replacing them with new tires. Your tires may appear to be in usable condition and not worn down to the tread wear indicator. However, you should still replace them, even the spare.
- Expand their lifespan: Properly take care of your tire and increase its lifetime by maintaining the correct air pressure, performing regular tire rotations, and regular vehicle maintenance.
- Under-inflated tires are one of the biggest causes of excess fuel and takes more effort for the engine to move your vehicle.
- Over-inflated tires don’t wear evenly and don’t last as long. It could cut your tires lifespan by 20%.
Here are some guidelines to selecting the right tire with your budget.
- Determine how many tires you need: Is it just one because of damage, or all four because of regular wear?
- Determine the tire size your car needs: Look at the side wall of the tire itself to check the tire size. If you are looking for other sizes to improve the ride and performance of your vehicle, do some research to make sure it will fit.
- Buy the best quality you can afford: Calculate the total price of your tire purchase and divide that by the miles of service to get the cost per mile. This will help you get the best idea and better value!
Freedom Honda is here to help with all your tire needs. Whether it is rotation or replacement, we are your go to Colorado Springs Honda dealership.