Amazon’s In-Car Delivery System
Key by Amazon—what you need to know about this safe and versatile delivery technology
What Is Key by Amazon?
Key by Amazon is a free application that allows you to control critical lock features straight from your phone. This cloud-based solution acts as an in-car delivery system. Shoppers who integrate this smart key system with their Amazon purchases have the option to arrange deliveries to be dropped off in a garage or vehicle.
What Are the Key Features?
- Keyless Entry: Stop stressing about where you left your key fob. Just open the smartphone app and grant yourself entry through certain doorways.
- Remote Locking Abilities: Users can program this app to lock and unlock their doors from virtually anywhere. The best part is that it only takes a push of a button.
- Delivery Alerts: When packages have arrived, you get a notification letting you know that a delivery driver has dropped off your order.
- Guest Access: You can appoint certain people to unlock your vehicle or garage during a select time frame. This is the feature Amazon delivery drivers have when distributing orders.
- Lock Monitoring: Access real-time data to find out when your vehicles and garages have been open.
Am I Eligible?
Key by Amazon works with a select few makes and models, primarily Honda vehicles. If you want to pair this smart key system with your car or truck, you need to follow these three critical steps:
1. Check if Your Vehicle Is Compatible
The following is a list of Honda vehicles that integrate smoothly with your Amazon Key account:
- 2018 and newer Accord Touring
- 2018 and newer Odyssey Touring/Elite
- 2019 and newer Insight Touring
- 2019 and newer Passport Touring/Elite
- 2019 and newer Pilot Touring/Elite/Black Edition
2. Sign up for HondaLink
Next, subscribe to the HondaLink Remote package. Just download the app from the App Store or get it on Google Play, create your profile, link your vehicle, and follow the instructions to integrate the smart key system with your Amazon Prime membership.
3. Set up In-Car Delivery
Now, all you have to do is choose the delivery location. Open up the Key by Amazon app on your smartphone and choose the “in-car delivery” option. The data stored from your HondaLink profile will recognize which vehicle the Amazon driver should bring your order to. You can arrange where your vehicle will be on the day you want the delivery fulfilled. This keyless entry feature gives drivers limited access to unlock one certain doorway during the delivery period. When your package is dropped off, they must lock the vehicle and send a notification letting you know that the shipment has been finalized.
Get Connected Today
Interested in learning more about Key by Amazon? Need helping setting it up with your Honda? The experts at Freedom Honda are here to help. We have a wide selection of vehicles that integrate safely and smoothly with your smart key system. Contact us with your questions—we have all the answers you need.