Car Cleaning Hacks
After a perfect, detailed cleaning, it’s just a matter of time before your vehicle is dirty again. It happens to everyone! Use these harmless hacks that can save you time, money, and make your spring cleaning last all year long!
Cleaning Your Headlights Using Toothpaste
Say what? Toothpaste! The effects of toothpaste go a long way. So, let your lights shine as bright as your smile.
- Grab a sponge and pair it with some elbow grease.
- Apply the toothpaste to the headlights with the sponge.
- Rub in circular motion until dirt comes off.
- Wipe away with a light cloth.
Remove a Bumper Sticker Using a Blow Dryer
Here’s a great solution to get off that old bumper sticker you don’t care about anymore or to free up space for a new sticker! The heat from the blow dryer will help loosen the stickiness.
- Start blow-drying the desired bumper sticker that you wish to remove.
- Use one of your plastic rewards cards to get underneath it and peel it off without any damage.
- This trick also works for removing registration stickers, toll tags, parking permits, and more from your windshield!
Use an Old Sock to Clean Out Your Cupholders
It’s so easy for things to cling to socks, so there’s no surprise that socks can remove gooey residues out from your vehicle cupholders.
- Put an old sock over a travel cup.
- Spray the insides of the cup-holders with an all-purpose cleaner.
- Scrub the inside of the cup-holders with the cup and sock in a circular motion to get the most dirt and grime out of this hard-to-reach area!
Keep Your Hubcaps Sparkling
The greatest reward of cleaning your tire hubcaps is seeing the grime just melt away. Don’t waste your money on specialty cleaning product. Instead, use items already in your panty:
- Mix baking soda, dish soap, and warm water together in a bucket.
- Grab an old rag or a reusable sponge to start scrubbing your hubcaps with the solution.
- Rinse off with water and check out the shine!
Get Rid of Pet Hair
Trying to vacuum up all the pet hair from your back seat is tough and takes more time than you usually have. The trick to getting all the hair is simple with these steps:
- Get a spray bottle filled with water.
- Spray the seat.
- Use a squeegee to collect all the hair from the seats and keep it all in a pile.
- Vacuum up the hair and enjoy clean, hair-free seats!
If these hacks just don’t seem to fit into your busy schedule, head into Freedom Honda and let our team give your vehicle the detailing it needs!