Have Some Festive Fun in Colorado Springs
This holiday season, why not get out and take in some festive sights right here in the Colorado Springs area? These are some suggestions from Freedom Honda for making your days merry and bright:
- Find the perfect gifts for loved ones at the Commonwheel Artists Co-op Holiday Market. There, you’ll find handcrafted ornaments, art, glassware, soaps, jewelry, and many other potential goodies for the people on your shopping list. The market runs through Dec. 30.
- Skate in the Park: Grab some friends and hit the 4,675-square-foot rink at Acacia Park. The $10 admission fee includes skate rentals, and children 4 and younger get in free with a paying adult.
- Enjoy complimentary hot cocoa and a cookie as you ride the Santa Express for a visit to the North Pole. The train ride is available through Dec. 30, and visitors can choose from three departure times per day. Reservations are strongly encouraged.
- If you love lavish décor and history, you’ll adore the Madrigal Banquet at Glen Eyrie Castle. It’s a 16th-century-style affair that includes live music and performances through Dec. 22. The banquet has been a Colorado Springs tradition for more than 30 years.
- Handel’s “Messiah” and other Christmas favorites are on tap during the annual Christmas Symphony at the Pikes Peak Center for the Performing Arts.
- It’s one thing to ride through your local neighborhood to check out the Christmas lights, but what if you could soar above them in a helicopter? Christmas Lights by Flight makes it possible. Rides are available through Jan. 1 and give you a birds-eye view not only of local light displays, but the cityscape, too.
- Hot Cocoa and Sweets Sleigh Ride: Have you ever fantasized about riding in a one-horse open sleigh? On Dec. 14, 24, and 26, visitors will be driven by horse-drawn sleigh through the sparkling winter landscape at M Lazy C Guest Ranch.
- Enjoy a winter wonderland high atop Williams Canyon at Cave of the Winds Mountain Park during the Mountain Illumination Festival. Twinkling lights, pictures with Santa, and refreshments are just a few reasons to go.
For more holiday fun listings, take a look at the Colorado Springs Visitor Information Center. Happy holidays and a prosperous New Year from all of us at Freedom Honda!