Honda Safety Features – A Quick Look At Honda’s Dedication To Automotive Safety
Here at Freedom Honda, we understand that our customers are looking for a safe vehicle. One of the biggest benefits of purchasing a Honda vehicle is its commitment to vehicle safety. Honda operates two of the world’s most advanced crash safety research and testing facilities, one of which boasts being the world’s first multi-directional crash test facility. This facility brings a new way to analyze safety and gives us the ability to defend against more threats. We have also assisted in the development of Real Impact, software which allows us to get a 3D view of crashes. This pledge to safety has resulted in multiple awards and exemplifies Honda’s commitment to their customers.
fActive safety systems are designed to avoid accidents or make them less severe. These include:
- Adaptive Cruise Control maintains a desired distance from the car in front of you as well as a desired speed.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ alerts drivers with audio and visual settings and in some cases takes action through braking.
- Forward Collision Warning detects and alerts drivers when the distance between the car and the vehicle ahead shortens.
- Lane Keeping Assist System prevents drivers from drifting away from the middle of the lane and gently applies steering torque to help correct the mistake.
- Road Departure Mitigation identifies lane markers to ensure drivers aren’t drifting out of lanes.
Passive safety systems are ones we hope you’ll never have to utilize. These are meant to protect drivers and passengers in case of an accident. These include:
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ body design is only available in Hondas and helps negate damage in frontal collisions by using frame structures to absorb and deflect energy.
- Airbags including i-SRS, which reduces impact for a wider range of occupant body types and side curtain airbags which help during side impact collisions.
- In emergencies, Honda technology will unlock doors to assist emergency responders.
- Fuel systems are designed to prevent leaks.
- Honda utilizes flame-resistant materials to slow the spread of fire.
- The ELR Seat Belt with Pretensioner and Load Limiter prevents belts from causing too much chest pressure during accidents.
To learn more about Honda’s commitment to safety, please visit their website. Want to get an up-close look at Honda’s safest vehicles ever? Come to Freedom Honda! We have a large selection of new and used Hondas to choose from. Stop by today to see how we can help.