The 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Makes Its Global Debut
What’s New on the 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback?
Built with young, active drivers in mind, the 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback is inspired by the coupe-like profile of European sportbacks. Building off the clean and simple exterior of the Civic Sedan, the Hatchback pushes the design in a fresh and exhilarating way drivers can appreciate. In addition to the exterior, there are a number of other new changes to expect, including:
- Simple and clean interior design with improved outward visibility
- A new lightweight composite hatch structure that reduces hinge size and allows for a clean roofline
- A 19% increase in torsional rigidity
- Cargo opening has been widened by 1.6 inches
- Distinct front-end styling
- Available short-throw six-speed manual transmission (for Sport and Sport Touring)
- The available 1.5-liter turbocharged engine delivers 180 horsepower and 177 pound-foot of torque on regular unleaded
- New Boost Blue Pearl and Smoky Mauve Pearl exterior colors
Beginning with the exterior, the Civic Hatchback sports a low hood, front fenders, and horizontal beltline grounds that accentuates the distinctive and sporty nature of the vehicle. It’s joined by a smoother, sleeker roof line made possible by a new lightweight composite hatch and by moving the hinge mechanism outward. This adjustment allowed for a roof height reduction of 50 mm. Finally, a unique taillight design and center high-mounted stop lamp spans the width of the hatch, emphasizing the Hatchback’s wider rear track.
Moving inside, the interior shares many design and packaging elements from the critically acclaimed Civic Sedan. The Hatchback’s new interior is simple, clean, and uncluttered, improving visibility, ergonomics, and passenger volume.
Other notable features include:
- Standard new 7” color touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration—HD 9” color touchscreen available as well
- Bose premium sound system with 12 speakers (Sport Touring)
- Qi-compatible wireless charging (Sport Touring)
- Improved body structure stiffness and crashworthiness
- Updated suspension and steering tuning that delivers improved handling and ride comfort
- New front airbags designed to reduce the risk of traumatic brain and neck injuries
- Rear seat side airbags
- Updated single camera Honda Sensing system with new Traffic Jam Assist (standard) and Low-Speed Braking Control (Sport Touring)
Come Get Your 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback
If you’re excited about the 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback and can’t wait to get your hands on it, then we have good news. The new Civic Hatchback is coming to Freedom Honda soon. For more information, feel free to contact our dealership today!